Friday, October 24, 2008

5 more pounds!!

Holy moly!

I've been on a serious adventure for the last 2 1/2 months. 

Weight Watchers has been my guide.

On this adventure I've learned that I truly have the power to shape my body, I don't have to eat to express my feelings, I can create DELICIOUS, healthy meals and that I love the feeling of being thin more than I love the taste of french fries. (Not all the time, I don't want you to think that I'm under the impression that I'm superwoman) 

BUT I've lost 30 lbs since April, 20 since August and 40 since April of 2007. I now have 5 more pounds to go until I make my goal weight. I've gone from a size 14 to a size 6 and I've never felt better. 

When I say that I've never felt better I really mean it. I know you hear it all the time from people who've lost weight and to be honest I never really gave that statement much credit. I just always thought people said it because they liked being thinner. 

But its really a different kind of feeling better. Yes I have more energy and am more confident in the way my body looks but its more than that. I've been empowered. I've seen first hand that I can effect serious change. I don't have to fall victim to my cravings. I am in control of my food and that's liberating. 

Watch out world here comes skinny Juli!

2 comments:

Jessy said...

That is awesome Juli! Way to go. As of this morning I've got 4 lbs. to go. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see the new you. Jessy

Emily said...

Please keep posting about your progress, Juli. J and I just started too, and the most motivating factor so far is an excuse to complain. I need some encouragement!