Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Chicken Broccoli Cheese Nuggets


My son Seth is a super picky eater. He wont touch food unless it is not messy or squishy or feels like anything other than a piece of bread or a cracker. This makes it extremely difficult to make sure he eats enough meat and/or veggies. Sooooooo, I adapted a Broccoli Cheese Nugget recipe I found online to include chicken and spinach. Miracles of miracles he eats them! I don't eat them because of the cheese but my husband LOVES them. I have a hard time keeping them in the house because Nathan will eat them before Seth gets a chance!


Chicken Broccoli Cheese Nuggets

Ingredients

2 cups of cooked chicken puree.

1 16-oz Package frozen broccoli, cooked, drained, and pureed in food processor

1/2 cup cooked spinach puree

1 1/2 cup Seasoned bread crumbs -- I use Mrs Cubbins Seasoned Stuffing Bread and put it in the food processor: 7 oz of stuffing mix makes about 1.5 cups of crumbs

1 ½ cups Shredded cheddar cheese

2 large eggs

Directions

Pre-Heat oven to 375

Lightly coat a baking sheet with olive oil or cooking spray and set aside.

Combine all ingredients (except for 1/2 c bread crumbs) and mix well.

Shape mixture into nuggets or fun shapes.

Coat nuggets in remaining bread crumbs and place on baking tray.

Bake for 20 to 25 minutes (or until golden brown) turn nuggets over once during baking.

Serve warm

Nuggets freeze and reheat well in the oven.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Yeah! I am going to try these for sure. They look relatively mess free and that is a HUGE bonus ;0)